During a period of transformational and historic growth, the Texas Tech University System is seeking and invites applications for a Vice Chancellor and General Counsel. The position requires an individual who can lead, manage and provide superior legal advice and counsel for a highly-complex, distinguished higher education system with four diverse universities and multiple campus locations.
- Serves as a senior member of executive leadership team, reporting directly to the Chancellor
- Responsible for representing and advising the Texas Tech University System and its component universities, Board of Regents, Chancellor, Presidents, officials, faculty and staff on any matter which, in the opinion of the Vice Chancellor and General Counsel, could have a material impact on the institution(s)
- Provide daily administration and management of the Office of General Counsel.
- Responsible for legal work involving representation, contracting and advisement of legal matters regarding the Texas Tech University System and its four component universities
- Serve as an ex officio member of the Texas Tech Foundation Board of Directors
- Oversight and management of the Medical Self Insurance Plan
- Obtained a law degree
- License to practice law in the State of Texas
- 15 years of experience as a practicing attorney in general practice of law and litigation and/or public higher education law
Interested candidates must include a cover letter and résumé. Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.