TTU System Administration
From here, the offices at the Texas Tech University System provide central management and coordination of multiple services to assist our four component institutions in meeting the global challenges of today and the future.
Whether it is managing certain funds and endowments; carrying out the Board of Regents’ rules and policies; constructing and renovating buildings; or implementing strategic plans, the TTU System offers key insight and value to further higher education in the state.
The Offices that Make it Possible
- Academic Affairs
- Audit Services
- Works with the TTU System in identifying, avoiding, and mitigating risks, as well as preventing fraud, waste, or abuse.
- Board of Regents
- A governing committee composed of individuals who seek to further higher education, health care, research, and outreach for the betterment of the TTU System.
- Office of the Chancellor
- Headquarters for the chief executive officer, and his staff, for all component institutions and academic sites for the TTU System.
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- Serves as a financial liaison to the board, foundation, donors, state agencies, management and the System’s components. Through a multitude of services, the office serves as a resource for all areas of the TTU System Administration.
- Communications & Marketing
- Offers communications and marketing services to the TTU System and assistance to the communications and marketing departments at each component institution.
- Employment & Personnel
- Employment opportunities and human resources responsibilities are managed by Texas Tech University.
- Equal Opportunity
- Monitors compliance with equal employment opportunity laws and ensures employees and applicants of the TTU System are treated fairly, equally, and respectfully.
- Facilities Planning & Construction
- Provides support for campus master planning, campus art, project updates, and vendor information for all four component institutions.
- General Counsel
- Provides legal services, advice and representation for the TTU System administration and each of its component institutions.
- Governmental Relations
- Serves as an intermediary between the TTU System and elected officials by representing the TTU System and its component universities on the state level.
- Information Technology
- Provides information systems solutions, technology operation and systems management, and communication services for the TTU System and its component universities.
- Institutional Advancement
- Serves as the fundraising office for the TTU System by encouraging contributions and raising money for student scholarships, faculty support and cutting-edge research.
- Office of Investments
Manages all areas of investment for the Texas Tech University System and its component institutions. The department strives to obtain the highest possible returns on the funds of the Texas Tech University System’s endowment, in accordance with oversight established by the Board of Regents and the Investment Advisory Committee.
- Risk Management
- Works with the component institutions of the TTU System on duties such as workers' compensation, automobile claims, third party claims, contractual review, insurance acquisition, public access defibrillation, drug screening, driver approval, loss prevention, consultative services, and emergency management.
- Office of Treasury
- Responsible for managing the TTU System's operating cash, debt issuance, investor relations, and tax-exempt post-issuance compliance.